It can be daunting to start a process that changes the way people do their daily work. Many times the mindset of 'It's always been done this way..’ hinders their ability to see the improvements that can be made. In the digital age, the transfer of paper documents to digital files stored in a cloud system can be overwhelming depending on the size of your business. To ease the stress that comes with implementing a new workflow familiarise yourself with the benefits of going from paper to digital.
1. Data volume Paper can no longer keep up with the amount of data produced today. Document storage will give you the capacity to keep up with a large volume of data.
2. Efficiency Searching through cabinets and files does not make for a quick or productive work day. Organising your files digitally allows you to find what you're looking for and continue with the task at hand.
3. Savings The costs associated with paper and its related supplies should be enough to get you to want to jump on board with cloud document storage. If you feel like your company is printing data over and over again and then never referring to the paper version again, you could be saving a lot of money without that process.
4. Customer service Instead of getting on and off the phone with a client to find a document, cloud storage allows you to pull up a file quickly and continue your conversation.
5. Competition You want loyal customers and clients want to work with businesses that are on the forefront of technology. Keep an edge over the competition by remaining up to date with digital process and document storage.
6. Security and Regulations A file cabinet is available to anyone in your office to search through. If you want to increase the security of your data you can limit who can access your files on the cloud with password protection. Security measure also keeps your company up to date with regulations that pertain to your industry.
7. Sustainability Document storage is the solution to creating a greener office. The more documents you can store and access on the cloud, the less of an impact you will have on the environment.
It’s hard to imagine why you wouldn’t begin the transformation to a digital document storage system. A document storage solution keeps you on the forefront of technology that allows you to provide superior customer service while saving you money. Moving away from print will lead to a more efficient and profitable business.
If you would like to learn more about document storage, contact us today.